Kinda crazy that she is already old enough for school. Who would've thought this day would have ever come? It seemed a million years away when she was 3 months old, feeling like we would be in this "baby" stage forever. Maddie was so excited to start school, which was helpful for this momma, who has been having a hard time letting go. I was an emotional mess, the day before and the morning of - after she got on the bus. But, I kept offering up little prayers for her throughout the day - that she would trust God when she was feeling lonely, that God would be with her, and that she would keep in mind all of the important things she has been learning at home since she was a newborn. It is a scary thing, letting go, but we felt God leading us in this direction, to send her to public school....as least for now! So....I gotta keep entrusting her to the Lord, each day, as she heads off on the big yellow bus. (which she loves!)
While Maddie is off at kindergarten, Norah, Elise, and I are hanging out at home - and taking part in our many activities, which will be starting up soon. In addition to swimming lessons, gymnastics, Bible study, and MOPS, Norah and I are doing some homeschool preschool....which we both are having fun with! I set up a little classroom in our unfinished basement. It is fun using some of my teaching supplies from college, that I haven't gotten to use yet! Our first week, we spent time working on the letter A - writing it and listening to its sound. We are also memorizing the letter A Bible verse - (something I did when I was in kindergarten, and still remember many of the verses to this day!)


No comments:
Post a Comment