
Last week was wonderful. My parents paid for a three-day stay for our family, out at Bluefin Bay, up the north shore. It was an amazing three, relaxing days. It was just good to be away from the house and to have lots of arms to hold Maddie. Brandon and I got some awesome cross country skiing in. It was so beautiful. It really got me in the mood for some more of it! Just wish I had some more time.

Brandon and I joined a small group through church. It has been great fellowship for us - meeting with other couples at similar places in life as us -lots of little babies! Maddie is making lots of new friends. We are reading a book by Chuck Swindol that is called "So You Want to Be Like Christ." I read the first chapter and can tell it's going to be a good one for me! It was on intimacy with God and having discipline. (Something I have not had since Maddie came along.) I hardly get any time in the Word - and I can feel it! The chapter really encouraged me to MAKE time for it - even if it is just for 5 minutes a day. I get so caught up in getting things done around my home before digging into God's word, but I'm realizing how much more I need to make God the priority in my life. Then He'll help me accomplish all of the tasks of the day!

I'm looking at Maddie - she is wearing a shirt that says "I stole my mommy's heart" - that is so true! She is a sweetie. God is good - I feel blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment