
It is so wonderful that spring is finally here...I guess it hasn't really felt like it the last few days, but at least I am starting to see green grass and have been able to take Maddie outside for some walks lately. It was a long, hard winter! Being cooped up in the house just made it into a long one.
We just finished up a very busy weekend - with it being Brandon's 24th birthday, (Happy Birthday to him!), 2 bridal showers, Nav meetings and events, and time with family, celebrating Brandon's day. I am feeling pretty tired from it all - but it was a good one.
Madeline is 5 months old now - crazy how fast she is growing. She is a lot more
fun now - much more personality. She still doesn't take very good naps during the day, which leaves little time for myself and trying to get things done. This definitly has been a stretching thing for me. A couple, who has three young children, was telling us that the first is the hardest - because you really realize how selfish you are with your time. You have to learn that whole "sacrificing" thing - which is really a hard thing to learn, I am finding! Being a mom can be such a thankless job at times - yet at the same time so rewarding. Makes me realize how much I need to keep telling my mom and dad how much I appreciate all they did for me, growing up. I see now how much I took them for granted! Anyways, I have been struggling through some of that lately. I haven't been able to take part in as much of the Nav ministry, as most events are at night, and Madeline is just too tired. We always try to go - but end up leaving, due to a crabby and fussy baby. I get annoyed with her in a way - but then I realize, it's not fair of me to be keeping her up that late! So, there is that sacrifice thing again....I just need to step back I am realizing, and make her the priority. Brandon will tell you that I've been having a hard time with this, but at the same time, I couldn't be happier for this role that God has given me. I do love being a mom. Hey - I get to celebrate my first mother's day this year! :) 
fun now - much more personality. She still doesn't take very good naps during the day, which leaves little time for myself and trying to get things done. This definitly has been a stretching thing for me. A couple, who has three young children, was telling us that the first is the hardest - because you really realize how selfish you are with your time. You have to learn that whole "sacrificing" thing - which is really a hard thing to learn, I am finding! Being a mom can be such a thankless job at times - yet at the same time so rewarding. Makes me realize how much I need to keep telling my mom and dad how much I appreciate all they did for me, growing up. I see now how much I took them for granted! Anyways, I have been struggling through some of that lately. I haven't been able to take part in as much of the Nav ministry, as most events are at night, and Madeline is just too tired. We always try to go - but end up leaving, due to a crabby and fussy baby. I get annoyed with her in a way - but then I realize, it's not fair of me to be keeping her up that late! So, there is that sacrifice thing again....I just need to step back I am realizing, and make her the priority. Brandon will tell you that I've been having a hard time with this, but at the same time, I couldn't be happier for this role that God has given me. I do love being a mom. Hey - I get to celebrate my first mother's day this year! :) 
Brandon and I did get a much needed date night on Friday. A woman in our ministry offered to babysit - so we got to go out to dinner and a movie. It was wonderful! Having a child can really take away that time we need as a couple - we are seeing how vital those regular date nights are to our relationship. Brandon has been such a great husband and dad - I am so thankful for him! We had a fun weekend, celebrating his birthday. I cannot stop thanking God for how much He has blessed me!
Be in prayer for the Navigators ministry at UMD. It has been a different year - and we have lost a lot of interest. We are praying really hard for a fresh start in the fall. Be praying for a load of new freshman students that can re-energize the ministry once again. I am excited to see what God has in store for us! We are in the planning stages right now, of what Navs is going to look like at UMD in the fall.
Once again, I'll post some new photos of Madeline. It has been a really long time since I've written! Time just flies around here! Thinking of all of you, my dear friends and family!
No comments:
Post a Comment