Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A fun weekend in North Dakota




We had a wonderful weekend - spending time with friends and family in Fargo and Grand Forks, North Dakota. As we were driving into Fargo on Friday night, I was feeling a bit of sadness - because I kinda miss the place! I mean, I love being here in Duluth - but it has been hard being away from our good friends there in North Dakota. I also realized how much I missed being involved in ministry with the Crowleys.


We headed out there Friday night after Brandon got off work. We stayed at our good friend's apartment in Fargo. Krisanne and Paul were awesome hosts to us - and Krisanne is an amazing cook, so we ate really well! Krisanne and I painted Maddie's nails for the first time, sitting on their deck outside. She has very pretty pink toenails now! The Emch's invited our other good friends, David and Amy - who are expecting a baby girl in September! - over for dinner Saturday night. We had a great visit with them, and we learned how to play Settlers of the Catan. On Sunday, after church, we went out for lunch with Greg, Mari Lynn, and the kids - it was so good to see them. We miss them!!


After lunch, we traveled to Mayville, where Brandon's sis, Heather, was having a band concert. After spending time with her, we drove over to Grand Forks, where we stayed with Danae, Jeramy, and Mattea. (and all of the animals!) They had baby goats, a lamb, and 2 dogs running around. It was so cute! Maddie loved the "kids" - she wasn't afraid of them at all. We stayed with them until Monday, when we headed home. So it was quite the packed weekend, but it was a lot of fun!


Now, it seems like Maddie may be getting some of her first teeth. She has had a bit of a fever, a runny nose, and has been very fussy. Hasn't been quite her happy self! I feel so bad for her. I pray this goes fast!


Spring is finally here now...I think the weather is beginning to shape up! Yea! Time to go for a walk!

No comments: