Sunday, October 19, 2008

Just some things.....

Life has been a little up and down lately - nothing too serious or anything. About a week ago, my car was parked at the Munger trail, while my friend Danielle and I were jogging. I came back to find my car window smashed in - and my purse stolen, with all of my valuables - including my camera, credit cards, some cash, checks, social security card, ID, planner, and more. It was an awful feeling - I felt so violated, and continue to deal with it every once in awhile. I am learning to just trust God and remember that HE IS IN CONTROL! Thankfully, so far, nothing serious has occurred....no charges on our cards or no strange people lurking around my yard. (Believe me - I had some awful dreams!) But God is good and I'm really learning to get past it.

This weekend - I ran my first 5K! It was for St. Mary's Children's Clinic. My friend Danielle and I ran it....it was so fun! It didn't feel that way in the middle of it, but afterwards, it felt like such a great accomplishment. We finished in 30 minutes. We were pretty happy with that! Here is a photo from the big race.



Brandon went fishing up north with my mom and her cousin and his dad, on Saturday morning. They caught some fish - and we had a fish fry on Saturday night! Yum! And what really made the weekend - was having Kelly and Brian with us Saturday night and Sunday morning. We stayed overnight at my parents - just so we could enjoy every minute with them. It is their anniversary tomorrow - so they were on their way to Bluefin Bay for tonight. Seeing them really reminded me how much I miss having them close - yet during our time together, it felt like they had never left. It was great to have them! And I get to see them tomorrow afternoon too! YES!

Hope you all have a great week! Just think....only a month until Maddie is one year old!!!

2 comments:

Lynn Bartlett said...

Congratulations on the big race! You remind me of your Mom. I remember when you were still in a stroller and your Mom ran a 5K. I felt badly when Grandma told me what happened to you at the Munger Trail.

Miranda said...

Oh my goodness! That is horrible about what happened to you at Munger Trail. I would be just like you having horrible dreams and not being able to stop thinking about it. I am so proud of you on running a 5K that is great pretty soon you will be running marathons!! :) Man i miss you guys!! I can't wait to see you in two months!!