Monday, July 6, 2009

Welcoming Norah Grace Hall to the World!

On June 28th, 2009, at 8:54 a.m., our family welcomed baby girl, Norah Grace, into the world. She is beautiful and healthy at 8 lbs. 10 oz., 20.4 inches. She is perfect in every way and we feel so blessed and are filled with much joy at the addition to our family. God is good - incredibly good!

The labor went incredibly well. I started having stronger contractions around midnight on Sunday morning. I labored through the contractions at home until about 4 a.m. when they were much stronger and 2 minutes apart. By the time we got to St. Lukes, I was dilated to 6 cm and was begging for an epidural. :) I was able to get the epidural around 6:30 a.m. and it was setting in by 7 - ahhhh, relief! :) Amazing how much better I felt after that. By 8:30 a.m., I was at 10 cm - they broke my water and I started pushing. I only pushed for 20 minutes and we had our baby girl by 8:54! It went so fast! Praise God for that!!

Madeline has been a great big sister so far. I am proud of her - and after holding a little baby, she has seemed so grown up to me. She is a good helper. We do have our moments, but I can't complain at how well things have been going. We were blessed to be able to have Brandon at home with us all last week and today we are starting out all by ourselves - just Maddie, Norah, and I. So far so good! But I am finding it is difficult to give my all to both children when I am running on little sleep and still feeling pretty sore. God is getting me through though, and I couldn't ask for anything more. I have lots of offers to help and people are bringing lots of meals - I have been blown away by the generosity! Thanks to everyone - and thanks for your prayers. Norah Grace is a lovely little baby. :)





2 comments:

carrster said...

congratulations, Katie! She is beautiful. Glad to hear your labor went so quickly! Enjoy that beautiful little girl.

Joe W said...

you guys are awesome! really happy for ya and praising with you for a good delivery and healthy girl.