Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I just love the holidays!

We greatly anticipate tomorrow morning - spending time together as a family around the Christmas tree. I enjoy thinking about the new traditions we will create now, as a family, as the girls grow up and start to understand more about Christmas. I love to hear about other people's traditions - so if you have some fun ones, send them my way! I was thinking that starting this year, since Maddie is so into books, it would be fun to read a picture book of the Christmas story - as I truly want her to know and understand the real reason we celebrate. I also dream of the day that I can share my favorite tradition that I had as a child, sleeping by the Christmas tree on Christmas Eve night, with my girls! My sister Kelly and I always enjoyed doing that. I have many special memories of waking up next to the tree on Christmas and waiting for my parents to come out of their room so we could open gifts and spend time together. My greatest memories of Christmas were never of gifts I was given but only the special times spent together with my family. And that is what I hope my children will always hold close to their hearts too as they grow up!






The Hall family wishes you all a very blessed Christmas spent with family and friends. We joyously rejoice at the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Krisanne said...

Merry Christmas to you, too, dear friend! Thank you SO much for the phone call - that meant so much!!! I'm so sad I missed it - already up in bed... I love you and miss you, too, and pray you have a wonderful Christmas! It is exciting to think of beginning new traditions, keeping up some of the special ones that we all hold so dear, and celebrating this awesome season and the awesome truth that Jesus came to live among us! I agree, we need to talk soon!

Lynn Bartlett said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about what was so special to you during Christmas. It's so neat that you and Kelly were close, and I pray the same for your daughters. I always wished I had a sister, but sure appreciate the relationships of others. Christmas blessings to you, Brandon, and girls.

Lexie said...

Kate - Jim's family has always read the Christmas story out loud before presents and it isn't always the same version which i think is nice. It's fun to mix it up. I have the 'Story book Bible' and i'd like to read it from there next year. I think it's a great tradition! In my family growing up we had no such tradition besides church, dinner together and then presents. So have fun with creating a tradition, it will be fun and i'm sure your girls will keep it always as a good memory.
Merry Christmas!