Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Fall is here in Duluth!




I just love fall in Duluth. It makes me feel all warm and cozy inside. Our household kinda gets revved up for the new activities and routines that come with fall. The girls aren't in school yet, but we kind of get into a good rhythm around here with our fall schedule/activities. It's busy, but a good busy. It's been awhile since I've posted - so here's what we've been up to around here!

We were all a part of our best friend's wedding, September 4th.  Emily and Ryan Schlimmer are now married!  It was a beautiful day - couldn't be happier for them.  Maddie was the flower girl, which she absolutely adored.
Ryan & Emily's wedding, 9/4/10

Maddie & Mrs. Emily Schlimmer
Maddie started swimming lessons last week. She goes into the pool with Daddy and is learning how to do "scoops" with her hands while swimming on her front, the back float, and putting her face under water. It has been challenging and stretching for her, but I know one day she will be thankful for these lessons, just as I am to my parents for making me do them when I was young!! She loves being in the water, but is pretty tentative about learning these new things. Other things with Maddie is she is loving that we are going to school now - as we attend Early Childhood Family Education (ECFE) classes and she gets to go to MOPS and play with other kids in the childcare area. She is a social butterfly! She wakes up every morning and says - "What are we doing today, Mom?" I think I've created a monster with her - because when she was a baby, I was such a do-er; now I want her to be content to be home at least one full day a week! I am happy she enjoys being with other children though. She truly is a little social butterfly!

Maddie and some of her buddies - Zander & Ella

Norah is walking like crazy now; she started walking at about 13 months, at the beginning of August. She loves being on the go, and I actually love it as well. It keeps her much more occupied, and her and Maddie spend more time playing together, since she can keep up with Maddie more. She continues to be a very happy child. She now loves to look at and read (babble) books. She is just how Maddie was at that age. She'll sit in the little rocking chair, open a book, and start chatting away, like she's really reading the words on the page. I love that both of my girls love to read. Such a great activity! Norah is down to just one nap a day - she's growing up! She is saying things like dada, momma, uh-oh, up, down, yes, no, and she'll bark like a puppy anytime she sees one. My little baby is growing up quickly! I can see how youngest children can get babied....you just want them to stay that way forever! Her and Maddie are great friends.

Norah at 14 months, Sept. 2010

I thought this comment was really sweet today. So, Norah is now trying to push the envelope with me - seeing what she'll get in trouble with, etc. Well, the big thing is throwing her food on the floor. She was doing it today at lunch, and Maddie said to her, "Norah, we can't throw our food on the floor. Jesus wants us to be kind to others." :) I guess she is hearing the things we say to her!! That's great! Those are my most favorite moments.

Big news for Brandon - he shot 2 deer last weekend, on the opening day of bowhunting! So he was busy on Sunday, butchering a deer for the first time, on his own. We are happy to have meat in the freezer! Brandon's job continues to be a huge blessing. He just got home from a business trip Tuesday night. I am so thankful he doesn't have to travel much, but can't complain when he does - because he has such a great job!

The groom, Ryan, and best man, Brandon


I of course stay awfully busy with the girls and don't get to do much of my own thing, hence why I cannot ever get a post on my blog, but lately I have been trying to pick away at my scrapbook. I also am in a book club, which I enjoy one night a month, mostly because of the time with the other women and it gets me to read books I might not usually read! I am going to be a table leader for MOPS this year, which I'm nervous yet excited about. Late this summer, I joined a women's running group. We meet 3 mornings a week at 5:30 a.m. and run about 4-5 miles. It is exhausting and has stretched me, especially with the getting up so early thing, but it feels so good when I'm done! I am also going to be doing a women's Bible study. We are doing a Beth Moore study on Esther. Can't wait for that!

Actually got a picture taken of the two of us!  That doesn't happen much these days!

Well, this post has gotten long, but hopefully I've updated you all a bit on our lives!

Visiting our good friends in Fargo, end of August
Paul, Krisanne, and Jonah
Spending time with Crowleys and Kinnicks in Fargo - love them and miss them!



3 comments:

Lynn Bartlett said...

Hi Katie, thanks so much for updating! I miss seeing the girls growing up. Norah has changed -- even her hair color has changed! Give them hugs from me. Andrew may contact Brandon some day, he is so interested in doing web things and his new camcorder will be here next week. He loves doing Blender, but doesn't know much about it. Miss you!

Krisanne said...

I love all the pictures, thanks for sharing! And Maddie is a BEAUTIFUL, adorable flower girl - so fun! Love you guys and miss you!

carrster said...

Nice updates! you guys are keeping very busy!!