Today, our family took advantage of the free tickets you can pick up at the library to some favorite places around Duluth, and took the drive up to Split Rock Lighthouse. I hadn't been up there since I was in middle school, and Brandon hadn't ever had a tour of it. It was a gorgeous fall day - a great day for a drive, especially when it was so peaceful with 2 sleeping little girls!! :) It was such a special day, after a busy week of hardly seeing one another. We hiked around the lighthouse a bit and took in the beautiful scenery.
We tried to stop at Betty's Pie for some tasty pie, but of course, it was packed to the brim. I was pretty disappointed, as it's been a few years since I've gotten to eat some pie there. Oh well! But then we went to Menards and ran into my dad, who took us out for ice cream at McDonalds! We were parked right next to each other at Menards - how crazy is that? It was icing on the cake to run into him. Then we went for a walk in the woods, where Brandon is doing some hunting this fall. Beautiful fall day - I think it's peak leaf changing time right now. Thank you God, for such a perfect!
1 comment:
Great photos! So glad that you guys got to have a day set aside to enjoy each other and make memories with your family!
Post a Comment