Wednesday, October 19, 2011

There's a New Hall in the House!

It's official!  Elise Faith Hall joined our family, early in the morning on Wednesday, October 19th, at 1:30 a.m.  After a very long night of labor, we met our beautiful little girl, at 8 lbs, 2 oz., 19.9 inches.  She is absolutely perfect and we couldn't ask God for any greater blessings!  We feel so honored and blessed to be her mommy & daddy.


My labor started early Tuesday morning....I was having contractions already at 4 a.m. - bad enough that I couldn't sleep.  Unfortunately, I kept having them all day long, about 20 minutes apart.  They weren't horrific/terrible feeling contractions - but they were enough to be annoying.  :)  I went to my 40 week doctor's appt.  where my doctor scraped my membranes...hoping to get things moving along.  My mom was in town, watching the girls for my appt, and suggested that Brandon and I go to the new movie, Courageous, which may I say is a really awesome, inspiring, God-filled movie!!  I highly recommend it.  Anyways....it was probably the most uncomfortable movie I've ever sat through, as my contractions were getting much more intense and closer together.  By the end of the movie, they were about 5 minutes apart.  My mom ended up taking the girls to her house for the night, since we figured we would be going into the hospital soon.  We went to the hospital at about 8:30 p.m..  I had an epidural. - which was heavenly, as I was having terribly close contractions and horrible back labor.  Ouch!  During the epidural, Brandon fainted...almost falling on me, when I was supposed to be holding really still, so the anesthesiologist could insert the needle in my spine!!!  YIKES!  It was scary!  Praising God that it wasn't a worse situation.  Could have been!!

Anyways, I started pushing at about 12:15 a.m.  It was definitely much more difficult pushing this time than previously, with Norah, which was surprising to me.  I pushed until 1:30 a.m., when she joined our family!  Couldn't be more excited!  :)  God is good.  She is a beautiful, healthy, little girl.  We are praising God for a healthy pregnancy and perfect little baby.  

The girls meeting their sister for the first time!


2 happy Big sisters


Thanks for all the prayers, everyone!  I can be in the hospital until Friday....looking forward to some good rest tonight, as I only had 1 hour of sleep last night.  If you think of it - please pray as we adjust at home.  I'm a little nervous as to how Norah will deal with the new addition....thankfully she adores her older sister and likes to mimic everything Maddie does.  So hopefully, both girls will adjust nicely to having to share mom.  Welcome to our new addition!

1 comment:

carrster said...

Congratulations, Katie! She's absolutely beautiful! I hope things are going well at home.