Friday, August 26, 2011

A beautiful summer in Duluth

We have been experiencing one of the most perfect summers in Duluth!  The weather has been fantastic - and when it rains, it usually rains at night, and then is gorgeous by the morning.  I am thankful for this great summer and am not really ready for the cold winter, that is quickly approaching.  (Way faster than normal, it seems!!)


Me @ 32 weeks - baby is getting large!!
I've definitely reached that "nesting" stage, getting ready for baby.  I guess that never goes away, no matter how many pregnancies you have.  It has taken me longer to get there than I feel like it did for the other two, especially with Maddie.  I think preparations started right at the beginning with her!!  :)  But that's just how it goes, and is kinda expected, because you already have a lot of the baby items.  (and if this is another girl, I am really prepared with clothes!)  Baby is almost 33 weeks!  Crazy to think only about 8 weeks to go.  Can't wait to meet this baby!

So we've been getting the room ready - since we might have to have three children in that one room, we bought bunk beds.  Maddie and Norah love them.  I've never been a huge fan of bunk beds, but I'm really happy with these.  Norah has been sleeping on her big girl bed now!  I almost got kinda emotional giving her a kiss good-night in her big bed.  She's growing up so fast - my little baby, who won't be my little baby much longer!

We had a great week of family vacation a couple of weeks ago.  We stayed at Grandview resort, in Nisswa, MN, along with all of mom's side of the family.  Here's a picture of the group!  It certainly is growing and continues to grow!  I'll include some other pictures of our great week of vacationing.


Maddie loving on her sweet cousin, 6 month old, Raina


Enjoying the beach at the resort

Hope you all are enjoying your summers.  Labor day is next weekend, which is the start of fall activities again - which I am looking forward to on one hand, but not on the other.  It has been a busy summer and I'm ready for some routine, but I will be sad to see the gorgeous weather disappear!  We have much to look forward to - with baby on her way to meet us!


1 comment:

Lexie said...

Thanks for the update! You look great and I'm glad the summer was wonderful. I'd have to say our summer weather was pretty nice too, once it started in July i guess. Prayers for the fall festivities to begin and not be to much. hugs to you!