Friday, July 26, 2013

A Season of Change!


It is always so interesting to sign back into my blog....which I rarely update, (even though I wish I did!), and see what the last thing was that I wrote about.  It was the start of the new year, and Brandon and I were looking ahead to what COULD happen in 2013.  Well, the many prayers we were praying, along with many others, were answered this past spring, when we sold our house, after quite a long 2 years of waiting.  It is so exciting to look back and see WHY we had to wait and be patient, even though in the midst of it, I felt like I was going crazy.  As I look back though, I see how God was continuing to teach me patience, something I seem to be learning an awful lot about since becoming a parent.  And I see that God was just waiting for the right house for our family, to come onto the market.  It was literally only on the market for one day when we made an offer, with 2 other offers on the table.  CRAZY!  But God graciously allowed us to be the chosen bidders, and we have a beautiful, new home in the Lakeside area of Duluth.  We are in love.  It is all we were hoping for and more.  I am thanking God over and over for His answered prayers.  He is good.

We moved in exactly four weeks ago now!  Wow, time does fly.  Here are some pictures of our new, actually very old (100 year old), home.
The outside....we love the huge front porch, 2 car garage, and driveway for bike riding!




The spacious backyard with amazing, beautiful trees!

The girl's fav.....the swing set



Love this newly updated kitchen.  I love having a dishwasher, finally, and the breakfast bar with a view!



A little girl's dream room....Maddie and Norah's room


Hopefully I can get more photos taken of the rest of the house sometime.  We still have a fair amount to do - like hanging things on the wall and organizing the basement and garage...but those things will come.  Here are some sweet deals that come with the new house:

  • 4 bedrooms, which includes the third floor attic room, doubling as a playroom and guest room.  (Come stay with us!  We have a brand new futon up there....and I've heard it's comfortable.)  I'm so excited that we can have guests now!  
  • An office nook, off the kitchen, where I can sit at the laptop and store paper junk.  It was one of my favorite features when we looked at this house.  
  • A great entry way, with a coat closet!  
  • An unfinished basement that we hope to finish off someday, for a family room/entertainment room. 
  • A formal diningroom
  • A fireplace!
  • New appliances in the kitchen
  • Raised bed gardens in the front - with strawberry plants already planted!  I hope to plant more veggies next spring.
  • AND a super awesome, quaint neighborhood with friendly people and lots of families with young children.  I am loving being located on a quiet street with so many conveniences nearby....like a playground, cafe, ice cream shop, post office, and much more!  
We are blessed.  When I think about all God has given me, this verse comes to mind:

Ephesians 3:20
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us.

We are having quite the busy summer, but settling in a little bit at a time!  Come visit us.  We love to have visitors.  Hope to see you soon!  














1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful house and inspiring words!! God bless your wonderful family!