Sunday, January 6, 2013

Here's to the New Year!

Welcome 2013!  A new year!  A fresh beginning...sort of.  At least it always kind of feels that way, especially after I get all of the Christmas decorations put away and lots of cleaning and organizing done.  It also gets me in the mood to get rid of a bunch of stuff we really don't need/use anymore!  I love it!  I am always a little sad, taking the Christmas tree down....no more beautiful, twinkling lights in the evening, making our living room feel so cozy and inviting.  But once I do get everything put away, I truly enjoy the simpleness of it all.  Happy New Year!

Brandon and I celebrated our 8 year anniversary on January 1st!  Can hardly believe how fast 8 years has flown by, and how much has changed in our family!  We are so thankful that God continues to bless our marriage.  We can honestly say that each year has truly been better than the last.  It just keeps getting better and better.....what an immense blessing that is.  Here we are celebrating our anniversary - a night away at Grand Superior Lodge.  It was an amazing, relaxing, get-away....just a little too short.  :)


I enjoy having a new year's wedding anniversary....for one, it's a great time to want to get-away!  A warm get away would be fabulous of course, while we are in the dead of winter in Minnesota.  Maybe that will come down the road, I hope!  But I also really like being able to reflect on the past year, what God has done in our lives, and then to look ahead to the new year.  We like to spend time reflecting on what our goals should be for the new year and what big things we expect to happen.  Some big things ahead in 2013....or some possibilities, of course....getting the house back on the market this spring, hopefully we sell it this time around, and find a new house that we fall in love with (Lord-willing!)  We will be beginning a missional community with some friends at church, and Maddie will be entering kindergarten in September!  Some big things that we are committing to the Lord right now.  We are praying for Him to direct our steps, and most of all, I'm just trying to trust in His plans for us.

I have a couple of verses that I am keeping close, as we head into this new year.  I was relying on these two verses, as we were in the thick of trying to sell our house last year, (and what a long year that was...), and I think I need to keep reciting them to myself with many possible BIG things ahead.

Ephesians 3:20
Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, 
according to His power that is at work within us.

Mark 9:23
Everything is possible for him who believes.

Who knows what God has in store for us this year.  Maybe many of the things we HOPE to happen will not happen at all....who knows!  But the best thing....God knows, and I find so much peace and comfort in that.  

We had a wonderful, very busy Christmas.....hope you did too!  Happy New Year!

Elise - as always, bringing much joy!  And smiles!

What a blessing!  All of the Johnsons together for Christmas...except for Angelo.  42 people in one house!  What a crowd....this doesn't happen much these days.  We were thankful to be able to be a part of this!

Santa brought them their "Our Generation" dolls....what they were hoping for!

A Kelly gift!  :)  Makes Brandon a pretty cool dad in our house.  

Auntie Kelly is working on making Maddie into a future cosmetologist!  I would love that! 

Norah playing "chef" at my aunt & uncle's house....at the Johnson family Christmas

Helping Grandpa Mike open gifts












No comments: