
It has been such a wonderful weekend! God has blessed me with so much - and so many opportunities to minister. I am finally feeling my "place" here in Duluth. Yesterday, I met four very sweet Chinese women. To make a long story short, through random connections - being involved with the Navs, a man called Brandon from Arizona last weekend. He is discipling a Chinese man there, who recently became a Christian. This Chinese man's girlfriend was heading to the States to study....and of all places, guess where she was coming??? Duluth! So, we have been in touch - only this last week (everything has moved so quickly!) and I went to meet her yesterday, on UMD's campus. I told her I would help her find some housing. When I got there, there were three other Chinese grad students with her. They all were looking for housing together. Just typing all of this gets me so excited again! (We are having trouble finding them housing, with it getting so close to the school year starting....so please, if you think of it, remember them in prayer!) Anyways - we looked at a couple places yesterday, with not a whole lot of luck, but they ended up at our house for quite a few hours, making us Chinese food! It was wonderful! The best part was, Jingrui Li, asked if she could come to church with us on Sunday!! What more could I ask for?!?!?! What an answer to prayer!!! Jingrui Li is really seeking God - she has many questions. Please keep her in your prayers! Already she is becoming a very dear friend to me. I look forward to getting to know her and the other three friends of hers, better. Thank you God for such wonderful ministry opportunities.
I also just got home from a church potluck and meeting. I feel so blessed to be a part of Anchor Point's community. I have never felt so connected and a part of a body of Christ - striving together for on purpose. Icannot stop praising God for where He has placed Brandon and I at this time in our lives!!! As you can tell....I am on cloud nine!!! Posted is a picture of Jingrui Li (Claire), Hong Bo Lin (Lydia), Jiyiug Li (Jean), and Chen Fang (Amy). They just loved Maddie!
2 comments:
This is a great blog post! How awesome when God confirms where he has placed you! I'll keep my ears open for housing...
I felt your excitement reading your blog and oh the excitement of new friends! I have a heart for internationals so my deepest prayers to this year!! Many prayers for housing for these beautiful women who will hopefully become sisters in Christ! So glad you have a church family you love too!
Post a Comment