Monday, August 25, 2008

Nav Leadership Retreat

We had a busy weekend - helping with the Nav leadership retreat and canoe-a-thon, held in Jay Cooke State Park. We had about 5 students who have hearts for leading and discipling other college students join us for camping and an 8 mile canoe on the St. Louis River. I, Katie, stayed back, taking care of Maddie and preparing meals. The guys enjoyed, and worked rather hard, canoeing! Sounds like it was quite the adventure! :) You'll have to ask Brandon about it sometime. But we ended up having gorgeous weather and really felt God's presence among us at the campground - as we planned, prayed, and prepared for the semester ahead.

I am getting excited for students to move in this weekend! I have a handful of freshmen girls who have shown an interest. I also continue to meet with my dear Chinese friends! We are still looking for furniture for them for their apartment. I went to visit them yesterday - they have nothing! So if you have any unneeded items....like furniture, dishes, pots/pans, pretty much anything - let me know! They would be so grateful to you for whatever you provide. Thank you! Jingrui Li went to the Art in Me community outreach event our church held in Chester Bowl, yesterday. I can tell she is very impressed by the people's hearts and kindness they have been showing not only to her, but to the community. She is alreay wanting to be involved and asking me about coming to church with us next week! I am so excited about the things God is doing in her heart! Please continue to pray for Jingrui Li - along with the 3 other girls. Pray that we would be a blessing to them and that they would see the light of Jesus as the reason as to why we want to be serving them!

One other exciting thing! There is a contact thru church who has met Jingrui Li (Claire) and the others - major God story! I am really seeing the hand of God!! Also - another woman from church talked to me yesterday - she has been helping another student from China find housing....and she will be at church next Sunday as well! Another Chinese student at Anchor Point....another friend for Jinrui Li!! Wow - I am so thrilled at the things God is doing around us!

No comments: