Monday, September 1, 2008

Move-In Weekend for students!

Well, it has been a crazy busy weekend - with students moving back to campus for classes to begin on Tuesday. We have felt a bit overwhelmed - trying to connect with the students we have been in contact with over the summer and re-connect with students from previous years - our student leaders. We had some fun events planned for the weekend - on Saturday, Brandon and I went to the dorm rooms of the women I had been in touch with via email throughout the summer. We were able to meet quite a few of them - which was exciting! Many of them are interested in being a part of the women's Bible study I am hoping to lead this semester. Yea! Praise God! This is what I've been praying for all summer - I am encouraged by how the semester is beginning. God always comes through when we really commit things to prayer. I seem to know that in my head....but I am not usually very diligent in actually doing it! But this summer, we really committed the Nav year ahead to prayer - and I am seeing awesome things happen! :) It is exciting!

Saturday night - we went down to Canal Park. We had about 8 new students join us. It was great to see some of them already connecting with one another. It was a fun time - Jingrui Le, Hong Bo, and Fang also joined us. They loved Canal Park!



On Sunday - Brandon planned an awesome activity - "Amazing Race: Duluth." He put a lot of time and effort into it - so it's a bummer that only 2 new students showed up to take part. But in the end, it turned out to be a good bonding experience for us - as we reconnected with our student leaders. Here is a picture of us out for pizza following the event.



Today is Labor Day - it's a hot one! Brandon and I have been enjoying a good family day - at least until he goes bear hunting this afternoon. (It's the first day of the season! Hope he gets one right away tonight!!!) :) We went out for breakfast with the Madster and then went down to Canal Park. It's too bad it was so hot...or we would have taken more in. I am a wimp in this weather. Here's a nice photo of Maddie and Brandon in the Maritime Museum. I love our time spent together! Wish we did more stuff like this!



Thanks everyone for your prayers for the start of the semester. God definitely has His hand in things - as we get revved up for the school year with Navs. I am excited to see how things go.

No comments: