So, today is the day I start to be even MORE intentional with my children. I am hoping to become more diligent with our daily devotions...not just family devos, but my own personal quiet time! I am also planning on working more on Bible memorization with them. I spent some good time this morning planning our week of activities - relating to our relationships with God and also some other educational activities.
Here is what we've been up to today! This week's theme is the letter A.
We are starting to memorize Bible verses, according to the letter of the week. This week's "letter A" Bible verse is:
The girls have been looking for letter A's all around the house and while we were driving to the YMCA this morning. Maddie wrote down a letter A every time she found one on a road sign or billboard, as we drove in the van. It was quite fun. :) This afternoon they decorated acorn pictures, which we will compile in ABC letter books, that we will hopefully fill with every letter of the alphabet. I am the queen of not finishing something I start....but maybe this blog will hold me accountable. :)
| Decorating our acorn pictures |
| Norah with the finished project! |
Deuteronomy 6:5-9
New International Version (NIV)
5 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 8 Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 9 Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.
2 comments:
Love it!!!! I could use new ideas that work with a girl once mine gets there! I do miss those early learning yrs! I do like elementary and all but that early foundation time is important and FUN!
Love it!!!! I could use new ideas that work with a girl once mine gets there! I do miss those early learning yrs! I do like elementary and all but that early foundation time is important and FUN!
Post a Comment