| My sweeties - Madeline Joy, Elise Faith, & Norah Grace |
I changed the name of this blog. I didn't like what I had had for a long time, so I asked Brandon if he had any ideas. I changed it to a "Joy-Filled Life," but then Brandon came up with the idea that it should be "A Joy, Grace, & Faith Filled Life." I loved that idea! And in case if you are wondering why, it comes from our girl's middle names. My husband - he is so creative. :)
Our life truly is full of joy, grace, and faith - thanks to my Heavenly Father. He has blessed me in so many ways, that it is hard to get down, even when this economy is so frustrating, and we cannot sell our house. We thought we had...for about 2 weeks, things were looking really good. We did sign a purchase agreement with a buyer....it was so exciting! We were going to be breaking even....not getting any money back after closing costs and realtor fees, but we weren't having to pay to sell our house either. That was pretty much the lowest we were willing to go, and we really didn't want to go that low, but it seems like we can't get much out of this house, in this depressing economy. Anyways, things were looking up. We started looking at some homes for sale in Duluth. Then the inspection happened. The boiler became an issue. There is nothing wrong with it - but the buyer used it to try to get us to lower the price we had agreed on. We haven't felt at peace about leaving this house, paying to sell. That just seems silly, when we are doing just fine. We are a little bit cramped, but things could be, oh, so much worse!! Needless to say, we have been living on a roller coaster around here - highs and lows in the emotions. I keep holding onto the truth that God has everything under control.
I have been holding onto this verse, whenever I start to get frustrated with this process:
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9
He is good, and He will provide, in HIS time....not mine. All I have to do is look at my loving husband and 3 beautiful, healthy girls, and know - I have nothing to be angry at God about. Absolutely NOTHING! I am filled with absolute JOY. God has given me much GRACE each day. And I have FAITH that He is in control of each step our family must take before this house sells or whatever! Above all, I am thankful for all He has done for me, and I can praise His name because of that.
AND....we have a showing tomorrow afternoon. I am praying we don't have to have TOO many more of those. :) Continuing to pray and trust God. It's in His hands now.
1 comment:
I had never put it together that your daughters middle names were joy, grace and faith! SO NEAT!!!! :) What a special family :) I appreciate your perspective on the roller coaster you've been on.. thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment