Saturday, September 8, 2012

B is for Bumblebee & C is for Caterpillar


I have fallen behind in updating my preschool, "Letter of the Week," theme.  A lot of it is because of the ups and downs of trying to sell a house.  I will post more about that later.  It has been a roller coaster, just let me say that.

The girls and I are are still keeping up with our letter of the week theme.  I am really enjoying these structured activities, and they love it too!  A few weeks ago, we did the letter B.  The girls made these cute bumblebee pictures for their ABC books that we are compiling.
This is Norah's bumblebee.  I found this idea  here

We are also adding a page, to our ABC books, devoted to the memory verse of the week.  Here is the letter B verse:

Maddie's illustration of being kind to others - "handing out popsicles to her friends."

We baked bread during B week and kept our eyes open to find B's wherever we were, around town.  

Last week was C week.  We baked Chocolate Chip Cookies and made our beautiful C projects (a caterpillar idea that I found on pinterest.  Click here for the link.)  And last but definitely NOT least, we learned this pretty important verse: 

Children obey your parents, in the Lord, for this is right.
Ephesians 6:1

Another of Maddie's beautiful creations.
This week, we are studying the letter D.  We are having a short week of it though, because we got to go on a family vacation!  The vacation couldn't have come at a better time, with everything falling through on a possible house sale we had.  Some friends from church generously gave us a week at their Wisconsin Dells time share.  We stayed at Odyssey Dells, which is attached to one gigantic water and amusement park, Mount Olympus.  We stopped first in Hayward and enjoyed the Wilderness Walk.  We especially enjoyed the deer that walked right up to us!  




In Wisconsin Dells, we had a beautiful, spacious room - 2 bedrooms, a living area, and kitchen.  It was perfect with kids!  We could walk to the water and amusement parks and had wristbands that lasted the entire time we were there.  The outdoor stuff pretty much shut down when we got there, as Labor day is the end of their outdoor season, but we got to use the indoor water park.  Maddie especially enjoyed the water slides in the kids area.  She was going down them all by herself, no problem.  Norah was a little more nervous.  She hates getting water in her face....a water park really isn't the place for her, I guess.  :)  Her and I enjoyed a few more of the amusement park rides.  She was my ride buddy.  








 Our family is so thankful for the chance to get away like this.  It was wonderful for us to get away, relax, enjoy each other's company, and not think about our house for a few days.  God knew we needed it.  He is so good to me.  


No comments: