Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Only by the Strength of God!

Life as a mom can be so tough!  Yikes!  It was a rough day yesterday....which is what made me sit down to write.  I always dreamed of being a stay-at-home wife and mom.  That's all I really ever wanted to do.  I knew I'd go to college, to get a degree, and hopefully someday I will use it, :) but for the most part, all I really wanted was to stay at home with my children.  So....while I love what I am doing and am so thankful that we can afford this opportunity for me to stay at home, it still gives me some rough days.  (which we have wherever we are....working a job, staying at home, retired, doing all you ever dreamed, etc.)

I love my girls; they bring me so much joy and laughter.  Brandon and I do have a blast raising these 3.  While I do love them so much, I have never felt so inadequate and pulled in so many directions!  This job, of being a mom, has made me realize, more than ever, how much I need the Lord's strength.  I cannot do this on my own.  My life verse, over the last 5 years has been:

 Isaiah 41:10

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

At times, I can get so frustrated with my lack of patience, my short fuse when breaking up yet another fight, the way I roll my eyes at being asked to do something for the 50th time that day, and how I can be consumed with keeping the house a certain way....instead of using that time to be teaching or playing with my children.  How are my children ever going to grow up to be young ladies who long to follow Christ and serve Him, when they have me for an example???  It is scary!  I am reminded, over and over again, that I cannot do anything, unless the Lord gives me strength.  (Phil. 4:13)  I keep getting smacked in the face with the Holy Spirit, saying, "Katie, you need to commit them to prayer!  Give it to God!  He will provide and mold them into beautiful women of Christ."  Really, that is all I can do....give them over to God and keep praying that God would keep molding me into the person He wants me to be.  (Which, hopefully, will be a good example to them.)  :)  

Well, here is to a better day!  


2 comments:

Susan S said...

Beautiful post. There are tough days no matter where you are in your chosen career. I have to say, sometimes being at home is much more difficult than working 60+ hours in corporate America. There is no one at home cheering you on from the laundry room or the pantry. No one tells you thanks or makes you feel like your work is important. Yet, at the end of the day we have the opportunity to sit back and realize what a blessing it is to be home to help mold our children's hearts and world view.

A Joy, Grace, and Faith Filled Life said...

I really appreciate your words, Susan!